Here are some grief support resources you might find helpful:
FOR GENERAL LOSS:
These organizations offer helpful information. For additional resources check out “Other Helpful Links”
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement if you’re mourning the loss of your special furry friend.
- Creative Grief Studio offers educational opportunities for professionals to "enliven their grief support practice and help your clients to create comfort, hope and meaning after loss."
- Center for Loss and Life Transitions is a resource for grievers and grief supporters alike. They offer trainings and certifications as well as practical advice.
- Gary Roe is an author, speaker, and grief specialist who has great resources aimed at helping you navigate grief's journey.
- Grief.com. Dedicated to helping everyone deal with the often unknown terrain that comes along with all kinds of grief.
- Grief Diaries. Dedicated to sharing the intimate side of loss, Grief Diaries was born and built on the belief that shared sorrow is half a sorrow, and our scars show others they can survive.
- Grief Digest Magazine is a quarterly magazine supporting grieving people, families and caregivers published by The Centering Corporation, the largest and oldest grief resource center in North America.
- GRASP (Grief Recovery After A Substance Passing) provides resources and support groups for families and individuals who have lost a loved one to substance abuse or addiction.
- The Light Beyond offers support for those who have lost someone to drunk driving.
- Navigating Grief as a College Student offers a guide to help college students overcome a personal obstacle that no one can ever fully prepare for but that tests all of us at some point in our lives: grief.
- Open to Hope. A non-profit foundation with the mission of helping people find hope after loss.
- Option B. Grief is one of the most universal human experiences, but all too often, no one talks about it. Here you’ll find personal stories that deal with loss openly and honestly.
- Refuge in Grief is an online community created by a psychotherapist to help people traverse some of life's hardest problems.
What’s Your Grief is a supportive community that provides educational opportunities and suggestions for managing your grief, as well as outlets for honoring your loved ones.
- With Sympathy Gifts & Keepsakes is a place you can order personalized memorial gifts that help you express your sentiments in a meaningful way.